Individual JobThursday 21 February 2019
Association for Physical Education (afPE) ; Chair
WHAT THE POSITION OF TRUSTEE INVOLVES:
• a 3 year period of office;
• attending 4 Board meetings per year plus occasional additional meetings;
• providing coherent leadership of the Association, including representing the Association where appropriate and understanding the views of the membership.
• providing leadership for the Board in fulfilling its governance duties and ensuring overall Board effectiveness.
• managing Board meetings to ensure that sufficient time is allowed for discussion of strategic, complex or contentious issues and ensuring the optimal involvement of all members of the group, setting the style and tone of Board discussions to promote effective decision-making and constructive debate.
• ensuring that the members of the Board receive accurate, timely and clear information, in particular about the organisation’s performance, to enable to Board to take sound decisions, monitor effectively and provide advice to promote the success of the Association;
• ensuring effective communication with members and ensuring that all Board members develop an understanding of the views of the membership;
• ensuring that decisions taken at Board meetings are implemented and that the Association is run in accordance with the decisions made by the Board.
• addressing the development needs of individual trustees and the Board as a whole, in order to enhance its overall effectiveness as a team;
• taking the lead in managing change and conflicts of interest within the Board and within the Association.
• ensuring that the performance of the Board and its committees is evaluated at least once a year.
• line managing and leading on the performance review of the Chief Executive Officer.
In order to stand for selection to the Board a candidate must be either a current member of the Association for Physical Education or indicate that they stand as an independent trustee fulfilling the criteria set out in the Trustee Information Pack.
There is no restriction on any member (other than staff or trainees) being nominated for selection to the Board.
School-based representation in the position of Chair will further extend the combined skills set of the Management Board.
Where school membership rather than individual membership exists only one person from the school may be nominated for any or all of the positions but proposing and seconding may be made from the same school.
All nominations will be considered by a panel consisting of current trustees and representation from the Association’s Nominations Committee. A short list will be drawn up. Successful nominees will be invited for interview from which selection will be made and then approved by the Management Board.
Industry: Sports & Recreation
Closing Date: 01/03/2019
Posted Date: 24/01/2019
Contact Name: Mike Crichton
Contact Number: 07903 349391
Contact Email: email@example.com Back to jobs board