Sustainability is now central to corporate competitiveness and a company’s continued ability to operate. Consistent with their fiduciary duties the company directors must provide their investors with greater transparency into how the company is addressing environmental and social trends, including meeting changes in stakeholder expectations.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (‘ESG’) concerns, are increasingly positioned at the top of board agendas and challenges, especially at the most progressive companies.
Understanding ESG frameworks at a board level are key to implementing a successful strategy. You can expect the following outcome from the course:
- Being able to evaluate the board level input needed to identify and manage the ESG risks posed by fast-moving environmental and societal developments;
- Know how to gauge and deal with changing stakeholder expectations;
- Possess the ability to integrate ESG risks into the broader Enterprise Risk Management practices;
- Understand how to promote measurement and disclosure of meaningful ESG information enabling management and the board to assess the overall resource needs, effective capital allocation and the resilience and competitive advantage needed by the company.
Target audience and key take-aways
The programme has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Board members and Non- Executive Directors (‘NEDs’)
- Aspiring and new NEDs
- Company Secretaries and all those roles supporting NEDs
- CEOs and member of Exec committees
Directors need to act now to recognise sustainability as a fundamental element of their stewardship and fiduciary role within a company. This training session will provide delegates with a clear view on how to actively engage and provide guidance on ESG integration into a company’s long-term strategy.
- Isabel Ucha– CEO, Euronext Lisbon
- Louis Cooper – CEO, Non-Executive Directors’ Association
- Dean Cambridge - Head of Programmes, Chapter Zero
To book the course please see details in the course brochure obtained via the link.