This interactive and practical course is designed to provide insight to help Chairs of boards and committees to chair their meetings more effectively.
The half-day session includes:
- The role of a Chair – taking charge… but also listening
- Planning and agendas – setting the right tone
- Content to cover – the right balance of information
- Efficient and valuable – time keeping vs. the right outputs
- The flow of meetings – contribution and engagement
- Making decisions and achieving results – set/meet expectations
- The art of good communication – group dynamics
- Hints and tips – what works well vs, what to avoid
- Case studies and simulations (where appropriate)
This is a challenging session that enables the participants to consider good practice and to have access to tried and tested techniques which maximise input and get the best results from a positive meeting environment.
All participants will receive a full documentation package of slides and materials (soft copies).