The course is designed to ensure attendees satisfy the core knowledge and understanding requirements of being a Non-Executive Director which are under the spotlight following updates to the many codes and regulatory guidelines which have been published recently. This course is suitable for aspirant, new and experienced NEDs.
The Programme will cover the key areas of:
- Being a NED today
- Corporate Governance update
- An effective board and the role of the NED
- The Director’s role, responsibilities and duties
- The Committees - Remuneration, Audit, Nominations
- Director and NED attributes
- Board Performance Evaluation
- Strategy and Risk updates
- Other matters relevant to NEDs
The training is provided using technical input from leading experts in the field and delivered by a professional training expert, and includes a session on 'view from the boardroom' based on an experienced NED's perspective. The course covers both breadth and depth of input to make the technical subject matter interesting, as well as an opportunity to work through a range of interactive and group activities.
The cost of the course includes:
- All course materials and supporting documents
- Six months’ complimentary membership of NEDA providing access to the course text - the Non-Executive Directors’ Handbook (through the members’ portal) – plus all of the other NEDA member benefits. (note: access to the Handbook is subject to ongoing NEDA membership).
- The Non-Executive Directors’ Handbook not only supports the overall course learning outcomes, especially taking the NED Certificate Test (see below), but also serves as the essential reference guide during your career as a NED, leader and board committee member.
- A link to the NED Certificate Test will be provided after attending the course allowing up to two attempts to pass the Test.
- The Test comprises 30 multiple choice questions to be answered in one hour. Questions are drawn from an extensive question bank based on the NED Handbook which should therefore be read in advance of taking the Test. The Test is online, 'open-book' and can be taken at any time.
Feedback from previous NEDA NED Training Courses
"Great summary of the key areas... not too much detail but just enough"
"Comprehensive coverage and excellent linking of all of the key areas together"
"I enjoyed the structure and the frameworks - logical and very useful"
"For me the session could not be improved - spot on!"
"Good balance of best practice and practical case study examples"