RISK IN THE BOARDROOM in association with the Institute of Risk Management (IRM).
This board-focused event is run in association with the Institute of Risk Management (‘IRM’). The course is run in central London at the IRM Offices in Fenchurch Street.
Boards of UK companies are under greater scrutiny than ever before with more ‘corporate scandals’ (Tesco, BHS, Sports Direct) and the new government commitment to bring about change to some established business practices and structures (BIS Corporate Governance inquiry recently launched). This is placing even more pressure on Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) to act as the guardian of good governance and in effect act as the independent “Chief Risk Officer”.
- To view risk management as a regular strategic activity rather than an ad hoc compliance-driven initiative.
- To gain a practical view of what board members (executive and non-executive), board stakeholders, directors and risk managers need to know about risk management.
What will be covered?
- The risk management process from a board perspective.
- Risk management as a key element of good governance.
- Latest trends and developments (strategic risk management).
- The relevant frameworks and guides.
- Risk appetite, culture and the IRM "extended enterprise".
What you will learn
- Provide better risk leadership from the top and act as the key sponsor of activity in this area.
- Add insight into a more strategic approach to risk management.
- Review and positively challenge the current company process.
- Focus on the decision-making process based on risk treatment (residual risk position).
Risk in the boardroom is suitable for all board members and those who support the board. Extensive prior knowledge of the subject is not a prerequisite for this course.
Feedback from previous courses has noted:
"One of the most effective training sessions I have attended. The trainer managed to cover a lot of ground in a short period of time with an engaging and thought-provoking manner."
For further details and to book a place use the link below – NEDA members can obtain the IRM member rate by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org