A limited number of places are still available for our "Essential Training Course for Non-Executive Directors" to be held on 27th April 2020.
The course is designed to ensure attendees satisfy the core knowledge and understanding requirements of being a Non-Executive Director which are under the spotlight following updates to the many codes and regulatory guidelines which have been published recently. This course is suitable for aspirant, new and experienced NEDs.
The Programme will cover the key areas of:
- Being a NED today
- Corporate Governance update
- An effective board and the role of the NED
- The Director’s role, responsibilities and duties
- The Committees - Remuneration, Audit, Nominations
- Director and NED attributes
- Board Performance Evaluation
- Strategy and Risk updates
- Other matters relevant to NEDs
The training is provided using technical input from leading experts in the field and delivered by a professional training expert, and includes a session on 'view from the boardroom' based on an experienced NED's perspective. The course covers both breadth and depth of input to make the technical subject matter interesting, as well as an opportunity to work through a range of interactive and group activities. Based on receiving the NED Handbook (e-version) and also attending the training day attendees can also take an on-line test to gain a NED Certificate.