We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on the 25thMay 2018.
Collection of Personal Data
In order to provide our products and services and for the other purposes set out below, we collect and process personal data from our members, customers, and other users of our websites, products and services. We may collect information from you such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, phone numbers, payment information, memberships and information about your use of our and third-party websites, products and services ("Personal Data").
You are not required to provide us with all of the personal data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively provide you with our products, services and information. In certain circumstances, you will need to provide us with specific categories of personal data (including name, email address and payment information) in order to enter into a contract with us and for us to perform that contract.
Purpose of Processing Information
We may use and process your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide our products and services to you
- To enhance and improve our products and services,
- To process payments from you (including membership fees, or payments for any products or services that you choose to purchase from us)
- To process payments to you (including refunds)
- Internal purposes, such as website and system administration
- To communicate with you regarding your membership and/or products/services that may be of interest
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To send relevant advertisements to you when you visit our sites or other third-party sites (including social media platforms)
- To request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services
- To share with relevant third parties, whose products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
We will process your personal data for the purposes identified above on the following bases:
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such personal data for the purposes of providing and enhancing the provision of our products, services and information, as well as advertising further products, services and information to you;
- Where such processing is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps before entering into our contract with you; and
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contractual agreements.
- In certain situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, for example when you tick a box to receive an email newsletter.
Retention Period for Personal Data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data we will only keep it as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
Unless a longer retention period is required by law, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active, as well as for a short additional period afterwards to cover any outstanding issues or queries that may arise in relation to your account (for example, outstanding payments). This period of retention will be reviewed and changed if required.
Sharing and Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties periodically under the following circumstances:
- You request or authorise the disclosure of your personal details to a third party.
- The information is provided to our vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf.
- Third parties that provide products and services, which we believe may be relevant to you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Non-Executive Directors' Association or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Non-Executive Directors Association, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Hosting providers for the secure storage and transmission of your data
- Learning technology and online event providers for the delivery and improvement of web events and learning programs and the tracking of your progress
- Database software providers for the management and tracking of your data
- Advertising partners, including social media providers, for the delivery of targeted advertisements
- Marketing provider, for the delivery of targeted marketing.
- Companies with products and services that we believe may be relevant too you
- Payment solution providers for the secure processing of payments you provide to us
- Providers who assist in the development and management of our web properties
Collection of Information Through Cookie Use
The following types of cookies may be used on our websites:
1. Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our websites to work properly. They are usually only set in response to actions you take such as logging in or completing online forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our sites will not function if these cookies are blocked.
2. Functionality Cookies: These cookies enhance the functionality of our websites by storing your preferences (such as your preferred language or the region that you are in) and allow us to provide enhanced features on our sites such as videos. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party content that we have placed within our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some of the features on our websites may not function properly and you may not receive a personalized experience when visiting our sites.
3. Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our sites. They help us to understand which pages are visited most frequently and how visitors interact with our sites. Any information collected by performance cookies is aggregated and therefore not identifiable. If you do not allow these cookies we will not receive data related to your visits to our sites.
4. Third-Party Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners, such as Google or Adobe. They may be used by these companies to enable them to build a profile of your interests and show relevant advertisements on other sites. These cookies are based on identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience a decrease in the targeted advertisements that you see online.
If you opt in to use the “Remember me” feature on our websites, we will place a persistent cookie on your hard drive and you will not be required to log in for every session. By disabling cookies on your machine or clearing your browsing history you may deactivate the persistent cookie.
All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage your preferences related to cookies, please consult the privacy features within your browser.
The purpose for which we use analytical/performance cookies is as follows. We use them to collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. Identifying how visitors arrive at our site and the path they take through it to help us to improve our service to you. We use third party tools to monitor and analyse traffic to, from and within our website. In addition, we use strictly necessary cookies in order for the website to function properly.
Below is a summary of the types of cookie that may be set or read while your machine or other device is used to access this site, their function, and the issuer setting this cookie:
|Type||Role||Name of Cookie(s)||Issuer(s)|
|Site Analytics Session Cookie||These cookies allow us to understand how often users visit our site, how long they spend there, and the pages they interact with. As indicated, we do not record any information that will uniquely identify you. Instead we put together the information from a very large number of users of our website to give us an overall picture of how machines and other devices are used to visit our site. This cookie will be deleted when you close your browser.||__utmc||Google Analytics to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Site Analytics Session Cookie||This is a functional cookie that helps this system to operate properly by allowing it to understand interactions in a single session. This cookie will be deleted when you close your browser.||ASP.NET_SessionId or ASP SessionId or PHP Session ID (dependent on platform used by your site)||The operator of this website, NEDA Global|
|Site Analytics Persistent Cookie||These cookies allow us to understand how often users visit our site, how long they spend there, and the pages they interact with. We do not record any information that will uniquely identify you. Instead we put together the information from a very large number of users of our website to give us an overall picture of how people visit our site. This cookie is not deleted when you close your browser and it will remain on your computer or other device unless you choose to disable it (see above for how to do that).||__utma|
|Google Analytics. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. These cookies will be deleted when you close your browser.||[The operator of this website, NEDA Global]|
[The operator of this website, Non-Executive Directors’ Association]
Further information on Google Analytics
The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website analyze how you and other users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (which may include your IP address, the internet browser and language you use, preferences, the date and hour of your access to the web page and the websites you access after visiting this Website) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
Use of web beacons
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Storage and security of personal data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may engage in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Subject Access/User Rights
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right to be informed of the use of your personal data
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- In limited circumstances, you may have the right to receive personal data in a format which may be transmitted to another entity.
We try to be as open as we can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- letyou have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing to the address provided below. If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold your information, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, writing to the address below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Non-Executive Directors' Association tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact us using the information below.
You are encouraged to report any improvements, suggestions, or any suspected breaches of privacy or security to us by using the contact information below.
The Non-Executive Directors' Association: Bracknell Enterprise & Innovation Hub, Ocean House, 12th Floor, The Ring, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1AX United Kingdom, Tel: +44 (0) 1344 388011 firstname.lastname@example.org