Terms & Conditions
All website content and software compilations are owned by or licensed to The Non-Executive Directors’Association (NEDA) or its trading subsidiary company The Non-Executive Directors Training and Publishing Limited. . NEDA and its licensors retain all proprietary rights to the website content and software. All rights, save as expressly granted in writing, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without prior written consent is prohibited unless for an individual’s personal use only.
The Non-Executive Directors’ Association, and its trading subsidiary company The Non-Executive Directors Training and Publishing Limited, are part of the Emile Woolf International Group of companies, the global educational publisher of learning resources for accounting and finance.
Changes to Website
The contents of this website, including these Terms and Conditions, are subject to change by NEDA without prior notification.
Offers and Developments
You agree that you will be kept up to date with news, offers and developments from NEDA. We will inform you of new services, products, relevant news and changes to the site.
In order to make the most out of your membership with NEDA you agree that NEDA will contact with direct mailings and news, offers and developments. We will also share your details where appropriate with key third parties and affiliated organisations (for example recruiters).
You agree that you will be added to NEDA Direct Mailings, and also maybe contacted by direct mailings from our affiliated organisations.
3rd Party Offers
You will be kept up to date with offers from 3rd Party organisations.
Materials Copyright and Notice
All rights reserved. No part of any publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning or otherwise, without the prior permission in writing of NEDA, or as expressly permitted by law, or under the terms agreed with the appropriate reprographics rights organisation.
NEDA has made every effort to ensure that at the time of writing the contents of materials sold on this site are accurate, but neither NEDA, its affiliated companies nor its directors or employees shall be under any liability whatsoever for any inaccurate or misleading information this work could contain.
Courses and Testing Copyright and Notice
1. All materials and courses (including all questions in any test) are for educational purposes only and shall not constitute professional advice in any form to anyone.
2. Course materials have been designed as an integral part of a training course and are intended solely for the benefit of delegates attending the respective course(s). Course materials do not necessarily stand on their own and are not intended to be relied upon for giving specific professional advice.
3. Best endeavours are used to ensure that Course materials are up-to-date. Given the nature of the subject anyone reading and /or using these materials should always refer to the current official standards and guidance issued by recognised bodies and take professional advice from their professional advisers before taking any specific step in relation to any matter.
4. Nothing said or done by NEDA or its course tutors can be relied upon as professional advice by anyone attending the course(s) or anyone else reading these materials. NEDA’s course tutors are not authorised to give advice on the interpretation and application of accounting standards and for law or practice to any specific circumstances or matters Any comments made by any course tutor does not constitute professional advice and must not be relied upon as professional advice by anyone attending the course(s) or anyone else.
5. To the extent permitted by English law as the applicable law, neither NEDA, nor any of its tutors shall be liable by reason of breach of contract, negligence or otherwise howsoever for any loss or consequential loss occasioned by any person acting omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance upon the course material or presentation of the course even if NEDA has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In any case, NEDA’s entire liability under the terms of this agreement shall be limited to a refund of the daily rate paid for each training day of the course(s) attended when the claim arises from or is connected with any error or omission in the course material or presentation of the course. Loss and for consequential loss shall be deemed to include, but is not limited to, any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses.
6. All title, intellectual property and copyrights and other rights in these course materials are owned by NEDA or its suppliers. All such rights are reserved and remained vested in NEDA.
Publications Sold on This Site
No part of any publication sold on this site may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning or otherwise, without the prior permission in writing of NEDA, or as expressly permitted by law, or under the terms agreed with the appropriate reprographics rights organisation.
This site may contain material provided to NEDA by third parties. Those providing such material are responsible for ensuring that it complies with international and national law. Emile Woolf accepts no liability for any error or omission in it.
NEDA has made every effort to ensure that at the time of writing the contents of materials sold on this site are accurate, but neither NEDA nor its directors or employees shall be under any liability whatsoever for any inaccurate or misleading information this work could contain.
Links to Other Sites
Hypertext links from this site to other sites are provided ’as is’ with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within those other sites.
NEDA Membership Terms and Conditions
1. Application for Membership
1.1. There shall be three categories of membership which, subject to any other name the NEDA Board from time to time shall resolve, shall be known as: (a) Individual Members; (b) Honorary Individual Members; and (c) Organisation Individual Members
1.2. Individual and Honorary Individual Membership is personal, non-transferrable, non-transmissible. Organisation Individual Membership can be transferred between individuals within the Organisation that holds the Membership. This can only take place annually and the Organisation must inform NEDA of the transfer, including personal details, at least two weeks before the Membership renewal date.
2. Membership Term
2.1. NEDA Membership is annual and is valid for twelve consecutive months from the 1st day of the month of joining.
3. Membership Fees
3.1. Membership of NEDA and access to Membership Services shall be conditional upon the payment of the subscription fee where appropriate. NEDA retains the right to charge additional fees where Members have failed to renew their Membership before the end of their Membership year (the "Renewal Date").
3.2. Individual Honorary Members of NEDA are granted a period of free membership, as agreed and communicated by NEDA.
3.3. Membership Fees are set out on the NEDA website and for Individual Members are £195 for the first year of Membership and £75 per year for all subsequent years of Membership (rates current and applicable from 1 January 2018).
3.4. Organisation’s may be given a discount on NEDA Membership, this will be defined by NEDA and agreed on a case by case basis.
4. Renewal Period
4.1. If any subscription payable by the Member to NEDA is not paid by the Renewal Date, the Member will be served with notice allowing the Member 28 days to make the necessary payment (the "Renewal Period").
4.2. During the Renewal Period, Members continue to receive member benefits.
4.3. If at the end of the Renewal Period, sums payable by the Member to NEDA remain outstanding that Membership may be Suspended. NEDA can withdraw or suspend access to Member Services and constitutional rights.
4.4. If after 90 days from the Renewal Date, sums payable by the Member to NEDA remain outstanding that Membership will Lapse; that Member will become an Ex-Member and all access to Member Services and constitutional rights will cease.
4.5. Ex-Members wishing to regain NEDA member status are required to contact NEDA directly to have their membership reinstated. The first-year membership fee may need to be repaid.
4.6. Ex-Members and non-members may participate in Activities as 'non-members'; this will however be at the discretion of NEDA and they will not be eligible for NEDA membership discounts and offers.
5. Right to cancel Membership
5.1. Members shall have a right to cancel their membership within 14 working days of making payment and NEDA despatching the receipt of subscription payment. No refunds will be issued after this time.
6. Membership Termination
6.1. A Member shall cease to be a Member:
6.1.1. if a subscription due from the relevant Member remains unpaid 90 days after the date of a notice in writing by NEDA that such subscription is due and the NEDA resolves that such membership be terminated (provided that the NEDA may re-admit any such Member upon such terms as it considers appropriate).
6.1.2. on the expiry of 28 days’ notice to NEDA of his or her resignation as a Member. In cases of resignation, no refunds for the remaining term of memberships will be paid.
6.1.3. If a Member is subject to an ongoing disciplinary procedure any resignation from membership or other cessation of membership may be deemed not to be effective for the purpose of the procedure, so that in the discretion of the Main Board NEDA may complete the procedure as if the Member retained their membership to the end of the procedure.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
7.1. All Intellectual Property which exists in the Materials provided to Members as part of the Member Services are owned by NEDA and/or its content providers.
7.2. The Member shall not:
7.2.1. licence, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign or otherwise commercially exploit passwords provided to the Member by NEDA; or
7.2.2. licence, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign or otherwise commercially exploit or otherwise make the Services available to any third party.
8.1. At its absolute discretion, NEDA may at any time alter, amend, change, modify or withdraw any of the membership benefits that comprise the Membership offering.
9. Data Protection
9.1. NEDA adheres to the UK Data Protection requirements under GDPR and will not share your personal membership data with third parties for marketing purposes. In order to administer your membership effectively, NEDA may share your data with data processor suppliers who adhere to our strict data security policy.
9.2. If a NEDA Member chooses to upload their CV onto the NEDA CV Portal NEDA may share access to these CV’s with relevant Employers and Recruiters.
9.3. NEDA processes the information provided by members and applicants for membership to enable it to carry out its activities in accordance with its objectives and for its administrative purposes.
9.4. As a professional association, it is within NEDA's legitimate interests to verify the membership status of an individual upon receipt of a query from a third party, including the grade and period of that membership. Other information such as contact details are not disclosed.
9.5. NEDA will send you regular communication to inform you about your membership, membership benefits, NEDA activities, NEDA training, NEDA events, NEDA publications and NEDA News. You will be given the opportunity to 'Opt Out' at any time
9.6. All NEDA Members will receive email correspondence in relation to their membership status and membership renewal.