News headlines have been littered with organisational failures that in many cases could, and should, have been avoided. With the increase of regulatory pressure is your board doing enough?
News headlines have been littered with corporate scandals and organisational failures that in many cases could, and should, have been avoided. Understandably public trust is at an all-time low, government and parliamentary commissions are wading in and we are seeing swathes of new regulatory pressure. But every board knows regulatory pressure and government intervention are not the answer because they risk making governance synonymous with box-ticking.
As board members we have the power to improve our boards, find new ways to enhance the governance of our organisations and rebuild trust with society.
In our Intelligent Board programme you’ll discuss research on boardroom trends, hear case studies about what went wrong in the boardrooms of scandal-hit organisations, and see what leading boards are doing to stay on the front foot. We’ll cover the following questions:
What caused some of the recent failures and what can you do to ensure this doesn’t happen in your boardroom?
Is your board focused on the right things? Where are boards spending meeting time?
What developments in the external environment should you be aware of?
Are your board materials good enough? What are regulators looking for? What responsibilities do board directors have?
Event registration and breakfast will commence at 8.30am, with the day opening at 9.00am and the keynote speaker at 9.15am. We will close with a networking lunch from 1.00pm–2.00pm.
- 8.30am: Registration and breakfast
- 9.00am: Welcome and introduction
- 9.15am: Keynote speaker: failures, scandals and accountability — what should you be worried about as a board member?
- 10.00am: Is your board focused on the right things? What are best practiced boards doing?
- 10.45am: Coffee break
- 11.15am: Panel discussion: developments in the external environment all board members should know about
- 12.15pm Board members: what is it your duty to ask for, and what is the art of the possible?
- 1.00pm: Networking lunch
To Register please click 'Book Now'.