In the past the traditional approach to taking on a Non-Executive Director role or building a portfolio of roles was the domain of the retired professional man – often with a finance background. The demands of a board operating in a fast-changing business environment has led to people with new thinking and new capabilities coming into the boardroom.
Diversity is now an essential ingredient and not just a pipedream and can cover a range of areas including gender, skills, experience, age and ethnicity. Where does the finance professional fit in and how should they prepare themselves for ‘going to market’ as an NED?
Specifically, the webinar will cover:
- The 4 life-cycle stages of your NED career
- The need for NED training and education, linked to your ongoing CPD requirements
- Personal experience of the ICAEW NED Certificate Programme
Benefits of attending the webinar include:
- Hear the latest trends and developments related to NED and board-level activities
- Consider the need to do some structured learning and education relevant to undertaking the NED role
- Have the opportunity to ask both aspirant and experienced NEDs about their experience of finding a role, including tips and techniques that can bring results
Peter van Veen, Director of Corporate Governance, ICAEW will chair the session and will be joined by Sangita Shah, Portfolio NED and Board Director; Jackie Liboyi, FD, Hilton Foods UK and Aspirant NED; and Louis Cooper, CEO, NEDA
To learn more and to sign-up for this event please click on the ‘Book now’ link above.