Company Matters (part of the Link Group’s Company Secretarial and governance advice business), in association with NEDA, has launched its inaugural ‘In Conversation With….’ A series of podcast episodes where members of the Company Matters team get under the skin of everything happening in the governance-related industry.
To kick things off, Company Matters’ Michael Conway spoke with two distinguished guests about: the role of the Company Secretary from a Non-Executive Director’s (or NED's) perspective.
The guests of the first podcast were:
- Louis Cooper, CEO of the Non-Executive Directors’ Association and
- Liz McMeikan, Senior Independent Director and Remuneration Committee Chair at Unite Group plc, Remuneration Committee Chair at McBride and ESG Committee Chair at Dalata Hotel Group plc.
Areas covered in the podcast include:
- Virtual meetings – general feedback from our clients is that they are delighted to return to physical meetings. Is there a place for virtual meetings in the future?
- Based on your experience of board reviews where provision of information has come up. Is there too much, too little, is it timely?
- Do NEDs feel they are equipped to address ‘ESG’ challenges?
- Where do you see the role of the Company Secretary in Board effectiveness?
- Increased regulation - how do you stay on top, how does your CoSec. help you? Could CoSecs. do more to help?
To hear the podcast recording or to read a transcript of the session please click this link.