During the last three years we have been navigating what for many has been unchartered waters in the shadow of the global pandemic and an unfolding economic crisis. As we have now entered 2023 how are boards preparing to meet the ongoing challenges, whilst also seeking out new opportunities.
At a recent webinar representatives from Kroll and NEDA, with support from CMS and WTW, considered what needs to be on the “new year resolution” list for boards in 2023.
The speakers explored the key themes that should be front, and centre of the boardroom agenda for 2023. What are the latest trends and developments and what can boards do to manage, measure and monitor an evolving and fast-moving business environment?
Key boardroom issues profiled and explored included:
- Strategic decision making – M&A activity and restructuring vs. facing bankruptcy?
- Business risks – more of the same or a step change to focus on opportunities?
- Director liabilities – where do the traps lie?
- Legal & regulatory - what developments are coming down the track?
- Board performance – are boards taking this seriously or just paying lip service to reporting demands?
Click on this link to see a recording of the webinar, as well as recordings of the other two sessions in the Kroll/NEDA series. Details of the speakers are summarised below.